Nagaland is called the land of festivals. The tribal people there are always busy celebrating something or the other. The above photograph has been contributed by Pankaj Tibrewal. It shows one of warrior dances performed during the Hornbill Fesitival, the largest celebration of Naga culture and history, which occurs during the first week of December each year. It is one of those events which you cannot ignore while in India.
* Chadar is a coffee table book authored by Pankaj. It is about the famous Chadar ice trek on the frozen Zanskar River in the northern Himalayas, considered as one of the world’s best adventure. Buy the book online here.
* The Hornbill Festival Tour of Nagaland is an itinerary we offer which includes participating in the festival and visiting remote tribal belts of Nagaland.
- The Aoling Festival of the Konyak Tribe – An Invitation
- 5 Popular Festivals of North-East India
- Photo Of The Day ~ Konyak Naga Elder